IN PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE
Recognizes with Deep Appreciation
the Extraordinary Achievements of
Danielle Unger Buczek '99
2013 Class Webmaster of the Year
How does a psychology major become such an effective webmaster? Is it because you taught yourself how to write code in your spare time? (Not that taking on new challenges at Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine would allow you much spare time.) Perhaps reading lines of HTML is similar to reading music? Or is it because being an effective class webmaster today is less about being a code warrior and more about being a great project manager, team player, and communicator?
Your class website has these essential attributes and features:
- VON login required for access to protected content;
- Easy to use online dues and Dartmouth College Fund payment functionality;
- Archived class newsletters and Dartmouth Alumni Magazine class notes; and
- Links to College-hosted tools and sites.
Having only one class website wasn't enough for you, though. You created a second website specifically for your class's 15th reunion. This site presented everything a classmate needed to know about your reunion this past June in an uncluttered, easy-to-navigate manner. All the expected elements are there, including links to the reunion schedule, a registration tool, information on housing, a list of attendees, and an informative FAQs section. It is this reunion-specific website that is exceptional among class website offerings.
In addition, your electronic communications menagerie includes tools currently popular with the mobile set:
- An active Facebook group with nearly 400 classmates;
- A LinkedIn professional network group comprising more than 150 classmates; and
- A Twitter feed with a growing number of followers.
Danielle, your efforts during the 2012-13 academic year exemplify the effective deployment of up-to-date Internet communication tools that all classes should have. Your many contributions to your class, to the Dartmouth Class Webmasters Association, and to Dartmouth College are greatly appreciated. We congratulate you on being named 2013 Class Webmaster of the Year.